Suffering from Debt Collector Problems? Seek Protection Under Fair Debt Collection and Other Debt and Credit Consumer Laws. Stand Up for Your Rights and Fight Back!
You can fight back against debt collectors and the harassment and abuse that is frequently used in their efforts to collect money from you! If you need immediate legal help find an experienced fair debt lawyer now who can advise you of your rights. Or use our free debt collection communications log to track all the collection attempts against you. Read our debt definitions to learn the important terms and check out answers to Fair Debt FAQs for answers to those common questions! Finally, use our free sample debt letters to fight back against debt collectors and their illegal debt collection tactics!
Did you know that in most states you can record your conversation with a debt collector to use as proof of illegal tactics used during a call? Read the Federal Call Recording Law and State Call Recording Laws to find out if recording a debt collector’s call is legal in your state.
Stop Debt Collector Calls!
Are you receiving unwanted, repeated calls and letters from debt collectors? Please review the information below to find out more about your rights under Debt Collection Law or fill out the free fair debt collection attorney consultation form.
It is a violation of Fair Debt Collection Law if a debt collector has used any of the tactics below in their efforts to collect money from you for a debt.
- Called your place of employment, even after you have told them NOT to call any more.
- Left an abusive message on your voice mail or answering machine.
- Used obscenities or profanities at any time during their phone calls to you
- Called you before 8am or after 9pm
- Called your neighbors or friends to discuss the debt
- Sent out a threatening letter informing you that you will be sued if you do not pay within 30 days
- Threatened that they will seize your property or garnish your wages, unless they have been legally authorized to do so
Have Questions? Just Ask!
Please answer the questions below, these questions are intended to gather basic information necessary to route you to the right law firm in your state, or call 888-595-9111.