FDCPA Multiple Debts
If you make a single payment on any past due bill to any debt collector, your payment must be applied to the account you specify. The debt collector:
- May not apply your payment to any debt which you are/have disputed; and,
- Where applicable, must apply your payment in accordance with your instructions NOT their desires.
If you believe you are a victim of unfair or illegal debt collection tactics, submit your information to a FREE* Fair Debt Lawyer by:
- Clicking here for a FREE* Fair Debt Case Review;
- Calling toll free 888-FDCPA-LAW (888-332-7252);
- Clicking here to locate a FREE* Fair Debt Lawyer.
The debt collector may just be liable to you for statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus any actual damages suffered, plus attorney fees!